Date: Wed, May 22, 2024
Time: 4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Location: 1 Lake Street Avon, CO
Mark your calendars and celebrate the changing seasons on May 22nd with a little spring cleaning at the ninth annual Town Clean Up, expanded to include a Sustainability Fair! This is your chance to clean up our beautiful Town after a long winter season, recycle your electronic waste, learn from local sustainability experts, all while enjoying free ice-cold beer and delicious food provided by Ein Prosit (while supplies last).
Learn how to make your home and business more sustainable at the Sustainability Fair featuring local industry experts providing education, demonstrations and showcasing best practices in waste diversion through composting and recycling, waterwise landscaping, water, and energy conservation and more. Town Staff will also be onsite to provide information on Avon’s recycling, compost and waste programs, the landscaping and noxious weed ordinances, energy rebates, new electric vehicles and so much more.
In addition, the Town will be offering FREE Electronic waste drop off for all Town of Avon residents, and property owners (must show proof of address at drop off).
We will accept:
- Electronics waste (computers, printers, small appliances) Please note: We do NOT accept large appliances or anything with refrigerant.
2023 onsite education and demonstration booths included:
- Energy Smart Colorado & Walking Mountains
- Holy Cross Energy PuRE Program
- Vail Honeywagon
- Waste Management
- Eagle County Conservation District
- Evergreen Zero Waste
- Eagle River Water & Sanitation
- Home Depot
- Active Energies Solar, LLC
- Landscaping Ord & Noxious Weeds Booth
- E-Bike Rebate
- EV & Demonstration
- Shift Bike Station
Join us for happy hour on Wednesday, May 22nd to help us become Sustainable Together! #avonforever
Public Transportation & Parking:
The Town of Avon is introducing a new paid parking plan. It will provide free parking for the first three hours in the following locations: on-street parking in Town owned parking stalls on East Benchmark Road, West Benchmark Road, Riverfront Lane, Lake Street, West Beaver Creek Boulevard and Mikaela Way. Residents and guests will be required to pay $1 per hour beyond the initial three free hours.
The parking will be regulated between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. seven days a week, 365 days a year and is subject to change. There will continue to be no overnight parking from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. without Avon Police Department approval.
- The use of public transportation is encouraged as well as walking or riding a bike to the park.
- When parking in Avon, look out for Avon’s parking signs with easy-to-read blue circles and “P” designation.
- Avon buses and shuttles will be running their regularly scheduled routes.
- For more details the Avon Transit schedules are available here.
For more detailed information on Avon’s new parking plan, please visit the website.
Public Health Bulletin
We care deeply about the safety of our guests and our residents. To protect your well-being we follow Eagle County’s proven policies for COVID-19 containment. Be in the know before you go and enjoy a fulfilling visit to Avon.Learn More