Date: Sun, September 1, 2024
Time: 12:00 pm - 3:45 pm
Price: Price Ranges
Location: Nottingham Lake & Beach
The fourth annual Paddle Battles over Labor Day Weekend showcases all things uniquely Avon with an array of family friendly activities to explore.
Sunday kicks into high gear with several super-fun activities to include three SUPer fun races in partnership with SUP CO and listed below.
*Online pre-registration open until 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 1st. Walk-up participants are welcome the day of the race as space allows. Cash or credit card accepted.
Sunday, Sept.1st: In partnership with SUP CO (Race times are subject to change due to the number of registrations, weather etc.)
- 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. | Paddle Battle SUP Race Individual Competition on Nottingham Lake | Register HERE!
- 1:45 – 3:00 p.m. | Paddle Battle SUP-Squatch Team Race on Nottingham Lake | Register HERE!
- 3:00 – 3:45 p.m. | Cardboard Boat Regatta on Nottingham Lake | Register HERE!
PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
The Town of Avon is introducing a new paid parking plan. It will provide free parking for the first three hours in the following locations: on-street parking in Town owned parking stalls on East Benchmark Road, West Benchmark Road, Riverfront Lane, Lake Street, West Beaver Creek Boulevard and Mikaela Way. Residents and guests will be required to pay $1 per hour beyond the initial three free hours.
The parking will be regulated between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. seven days a week, 365 days a year and is subject to change. There will continue to be no overnight parking from 12:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. without Avon Police Department approval.
- The use of public transportation is encouraged as well as walking or riding a bike to the park.
- When parking in Avon, look out for Avon’s parking signs with easy-to-read blue circles and “P” designation.
- Avon buses and shuttles will be running their regularly scheduled routes.
- For more details the Avon Transit schedules are available here.
For more detailed information on Avon’s new parking plan, please visit the website.
remember your reusable water bottle – plastic-free event!
Fostering a culture of environmentalism, waste mitigation and energy conservation which minimizes the negative impacts to our collective environment and community for the long term is of upmost importance to the Town. The Towns environmental sustainability initiatives and Eagle County’s waste diversion goal of 50% reduction by 2030 (zero waste events utilizing leave no trace practices).
Public Health Bulletin
We care deeply about the safety of our guests and our residents. To protect your well-being we follow Eagle County’s proven policies for COVID-19 containment. Be in the know before you go and enjoy a fulfilling visit to Avon.Learn More