Date: Sun, Jul 3
Time: 5:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Location: Harry A. Nottingham Park
Presented by Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Colorado Properties
Salute to the USA, Avon’s signature event is a family tradition and community favorite! We invite you to take part in the family friendly festivities throughout the park with face painters, balloon sculptors, magicians, and so much more! Bring your blanket and enjoy festival style food favorites from fresh squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes to mini-donuts and roasted ears of corn. Relax and get ready for renowned musicians Tab Benoit and Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe! You won’t want to miss this hallmark event – Salute to the USA will quickly become a tradition in your family!
Getting to and Leaving Salute to the USA:
Public transportation is the easiest way to access Harry A. Nottingham Park. If you must drive, parking will be available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lot. Beginning at 9:45 p.m., all vehicular traffic will be directed eastbound on Highway 6 from Avon Road and westbound on Highway 6 from West Beaver Creek Blvd. Expect long delays to egress.
AVON TRANSIT: All Avon busses and shuttles arrive and depart from Avon Station.
- The Town of Avon transit department will operate the Red and Blue Lines from 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- The Avon Night Rider will operate from the conclusion of the fireworks to 10:30 p.m.
- Avon Transit will run off-schedule all day.
- Lake Street and Comfort Inn bus stops are closed.
Avon will provide fare-free event shuttles as outlined below:
TO / FROM BEAVER CREEK:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and the Elk and Bear lots between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and between 10:00 –11:00 p.m.
- Guests who park at the Elk and Bear lots after 8:00 p.m. will walk to Harry A. Nottingham Park, about a 10-minute walk.
TO / FROM EAGLE-VAIL:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and the Eagle-Vail Community Center between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and between 10:00 – 11:00 p.m
TO / FROM VAIL:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and Walmart Station between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
TO / FROM EDWARDS:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and Freedom Park from Avon Station between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and between 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
ECO TRANSIT: Eco Transit will offer regular service between Vail and Walmart Station; Eagle/Gypsum; and, Avon Station.
- Fare-free service will be provided beginning at 3:00 p.m. until the end of the day.
- Questions should be directed to call ECO Transit at (970) 328-3520.
General Parking at Salute to the USA
- Parking is limited and on a first come first serve basis.
- Available at designated on-street parking locations.
- Available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lot.
- Designated private parking lots.
- Or, by permit only.
Tips for enjoying all this event has to offer
- Portions of the park will be closed starting at 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. on July 3rd to accommodate set-up of the event
- Parking close to the venue is by permit only. General public parking is extremely limited and we encourage you to walk, ride your bike or take public transportation
- Bags and coolers will be checked at all festival entry points for alcohol (no outside alcohol allowed) starting at 9:00 a.m.
- Pets of any kind are not allowed – large crowds and fireworks can easily scare pets
- There will still be public access to the north side of the park to include the beach and sand volleyball courts via the Lake Street north entrance, W. Beaver Creek Blvd. entrance and west entrance near Avon Elementary School
- SUP and paddle boat rentals are available from the beach area until 2:50 p.m.
- Dogs on leash will be allowed on the north side of the park up until 2:00 p.m.
- Please remember to be considerate of the environment and do your part to dispose of your litter
More Events & Festivals
Public Health Bulletin
We care deeply about the safety of our guests and our residents. To protect your well-being we follow Eagle County’s proven policies for COVID-19 containment. Be in the know before you go and enjoy a fulfilling visit to Avon.Learn More