Salute to the USA is a community tradition dating back 35 years in Avon and has evolved to be the greatest Independence Day celebration in the Colorado Rockies!
We invite you to take part in the family friendly festivities throughout the park with face painters, balloon sculptors, magicians, and so much more! Bring your blanket and enjoy festival style food favorites from fresh squeezed lemonade and funnel cakes to mini-donuts and roasted ears of corn. You won’t want to miss this hallmark event – Salute to the USA will quickly become a tradition in your family!
Here are some tips to make your Salute experience ideal:
- Arrive early to claim a spot. Gates open at 5:00 p.m.
- Bring a blanket or low-backed chairs. Expect an afternoon rain or thunderstorm and pack accordingly!
- Sunscreen and a hat will help from ‘overdoing’ the Colorado sun.
Getting to and leaving Salute to the USA:
Public transportation is the easiest way to access Harry A. Nottingham Park on July 3rd. If you must drive, parking will be available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lot. Expect long delays to egress.
Avon will provide fare-free event shuttles as outlined below:
- TO / FROM BEAVER CREEK:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and the Elk and Bear lots between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and between 10:00 –11:00 p.m.
- Guests who park at the Elk and Bear lots after 8:00 p.m. will walk to Harry A. Nottingham Park, about a 10-minute walk.
- TO / FROM EAGLE-VAIL:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and the Eagle-Vail Community Center between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and between 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- TO / FROM VAIL:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and Walmart Station between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
- TO / FROM EDWARDS:
- Avon shuttles will run every 30-minutes between Avon Station and Freedom Park from Avon Station between 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and between 10:00 – 11:00 p.m.
ECO TRANSIT: Eco Transit will offer regular service between Vail and Walmart Station; Eagle/Gypsum; and, Avon Station.
- Fare-free service will be provided beginning at 3:00 p.m. until the end of the day.
General Parking at Salute to the USA
- Parking is limited and on a first come first serve basis.
- Available at designated on-street parking locations.
- Available at the Beaver Creek Bear Lot.
- Designated private parking lots.
- Or, by permit only.
Public Health Bulletin
We care deeply about the safety of our guests and our residents. To protect your well-being we follow Eagle County’s proven policies for COVID-19 containment. Be in the know before you go and enjoy a fulfilling visit to Avon.Learn More